Engineering solutions that enable gamers to take control and build their way to play
Job Summary: ByoWave is in need of a mechanical engineer to design our Proteus controller kit from its current prototype stage to volume production. Join our team to work on cutting-edge solutions in assistive technology world.
- 3D CAD and 2D drawings for our modules
- Researching design optimizations and innovative solutions
- Design validation and durability testing profile development and data analysis
- Collaboration with Electronic Team on board positioning and electromagnets
- Identifying and qualifying suppliers of raw materials, components, and assemblies
- Carry designs through to high-volume production; DFM, cost reductions, and second sourcing
- Manage and maintain 3D printers on site.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated product design and development experience
- Experience in design development cycle from concept to mass production
- Problem solving reasoning from first principals
- Experience working with 3D printers
- Plastic injection moulding design
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Familiar with agile methodology
- Good attitude to tough situations and high-stress start-up environment
Technical Skills: GD&T, 3D CAD, 2D Drawings, DFMEA, PFMEA, DOE, Tolerance Stacks
Soft Skills: Collaboration with different teams, Inquisitive and adaptable, Initiative, execute at a high standard, team-player, organisational skills.
Bonus Skills: Fusion 360, Electromagnetics design, specification writing, Understanding of Assistive technology, Avid Gamer!
Two job specs available: senior engineer, junior engineer
Location: Galway, Ireland
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org